New England NVC is firmly committed to internet privacy and personal information privacy. The type and amount of information we receive depends on how you use the site.
What information does New England NVC gather about you?
The information we gather falls into two categories:
1) tracking information and 2) personal information.
Tracking information is collected as you navigate through our website. This information is added up into statistics and not as information that is identifiable about any particular person. You can visit most portions of New England NVC’s website without telling us who you are and without revealing any personal information. The tracking information our statistics service collects during a typical website visit is the name of your Internet Service Provider/IP address, the browser and type of machine you are using, your operating system and version, the website that referred you to us, the pages you request and the date and time of those requests. From this we measure site activity to improve the usefulness of the site to our visitors. For example, we track which pages are most popular among visitors as a whole.
New England NVC collects personal information from you that you voluntarily supply when you subscribe to mailing lists, order materials, register for a workshop, complete a survey, or otherwise provide your email address. This information is gathered in a database and may include your name, address, phone, email address, affiliations and interests (for example, connection to a particular church or profession), and history of contacts.
How does New England NVC use this personal information?
This personal information is used in the following ways:
- To fulfill your requests (for example, register you for a workshop)
- to produce attendance lists for events
- to send you newsletters, emails and letters announcing events, sharing news and information, donation requests, thank you notes.
- specific outreach when we want to bring NVC to a particular community (geographic or professional or special interests)
With whom does New England NVC share this personal information?
- New England NVC collects billing and credit card information when you pay for services or materials. This information will only be shared with third parties such as PayPal, banks or credit card issuers who perform tasks required to complete the purchase transaction. We provide these companies only with the information they need to perform their services. These service providers are restricted from using this data in any way other than to provide services for New England NVC and they may not share or resell this data.
- New England NVC will not sell, rent, swap or share your personal information with any other third party without your permission.
- Only designated members of New England NVC have access to the personal information database as necessary to run the New England NVC organization.
Is my information protected?
This site has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. However, your confidential use of this site cannot be guaranteed by New England NVC. New England NVC shall not be responsible for any harm that you or any person may suffer as a result of a breach of confidentiality in respect to your use of this site or any information you transmitted to this site.
Sensitive information that is transmitted to us online (such as a credit card number) is 128-bit encrypted and is transmitted to us securely. If you are not comfortable sending your credit card information over the Internet, please call the New England NVC office, or print the page and mail it to us.
- Emails From You: If you send us email, you should be aware that information disclosed in email may not be secure or encrypted and thus may be available to others. We suggest that you exercise caution when deciding to disclose any personal or confidential information via email. We will use your email address to respond directly to your questions or comments.
- Email This Article Feature: New England NVC website readers may use this feature to send links to articles to others through email. The email address(es) that you supply to this service will only be used to send the requested article permission. They will not be collected in any form.
- E-groups: The e-groups listed on this website or in New England NVC materials are run by people interested in sharing NVC. The opinions expressed on them do not necessarily reflect the opinions/policies of New England NVC. While New England NVC does not share or sell e-group contact information, the members of each email group may have access to email addresses of other members. New England NVC is not responsible for how that information is used.
- Outside Links: This site contains hypertext links to other sites. The New England NVC is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites.
People who join one of the email groups can unsubscribe by following the directions at the bottom of any email they receive from the email group.
If you do not wish to receive any emails from New England NVC, send your request to New England NVC at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you do not wish to receive any postal mails from New England NVC, send your request to New England NVC at email@example.com.
If you wish to be completely removed from the New England NVC database, send your request to New England NVC at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changes to this Policy